FLYing? well, not yet.
I went to my mom's enrichment night in January '05. The topic: Organization. She decided that I needed some help. And I decided, sure, why not, I can see what ideas I can get.
I was amazed that there were some people that kept on talking about someone named FLYlady. The ideas that they talked about seemed simple and made sense, so I took home the flyers they handed out, with the hopes I really would get organized.
I was curious as to where all this came from, and saw the web page that the flyers were printed from. I looked up flylady.net, and started reading. I spent way too much time reading it all at once! I saw that I could sign up for email reminders, and decided to give it a try.
I won't say that my house is perfect since then, but I do feel like it is improved. I've learned to be less afraid to get rid of stuff, and that I don't have to finish everything at once. Just looking around the house, even though it isn't as clean as I would like it to be, I can see that we don't have as much extra things as we used to. We actually were able to clean out a room for Anna! I would never have dreamed that it could even be possible before.
The next project is the master bedroom. We have junk to clean out, papers to file, and a few things that need to go into the kids' rooms or stored in the garage.
I was amazed that there were some people that kept on talking about someone named FLYlady. The ideas that they talked about seemed simple and made sense, so I took home the flyers they handed out, with the hopes I really would get organized.
I was curious as to where all this came from, and saw the web page that the flyers were printed from. I looked up flylady.net, and started reading. I spent way too much time reading it all at once! I saw that I could sign up for email reminders, and decided to give it a try.
I won't say that my house is perfect since then, but I do feel like it is improved. I've learned to be less afraid to get rid of stuff, and that I don't have to finish everything at once. Just looking around the house, even though it isn't as clean as I would like it to be, I can see that we don't have as much extra things as we used to. We actually were able to clean out a room for Anna! I would never have dreamed that it could even be possible before.
The next project is the master bedroom. We have junk to clean out, papers to file, and a few things that need to go into the kids' rooms or stored in the garage.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home