Quilt show '05
I had fun going with Karen looking at many beautiful quilts and acquiring some beautiful fabric. The show was Feb 4-6th.
For the first time I remember, I saw a gorgeous article of clothing on display that was judged. I tend to really dislike the mish-mashed (and in my opinion, clashing) fabrics stitched together to make clothing (usually a jacket) that hurts my eyes, gives me a headache, and overall looks gaudy. Here it is:

There weren't too many quilts that stand out in my mind other than a couple mini quilts that were just amazing to look at. I still want to figure out how they do that. Anyhow, back to working on the projects I've already started. I think I have all or at least most of what I need for 5 or 6 more.
I'm working on finishing the baby quilt for Vincent. I've already started hand quilting it, but have been wondering if I ever want to hand quilt again. I need someone to show me how to do it. The instructions and even pictures in the books just don't do it. Oh well. I'll do it my way on this one in the meanwhile.
For the first time I remember, I saw a gorgeous article of clothing on display that was judged. I tend to really dislike the mish-mashed (and in my opinion, clashing) fabrics stitched together to make clothing (usually a jacket) that hurts my eyes, gives me a headache, and overall looks gaudy. Here it is:
There weren't too many quilts that stand out in my mind other than a couple mini quilts that were just amazing to look at. I still want to figure out how they do that. Anyhow, back to working on the projects I've already started. I think I have all or at least most of what I need for 5 or 6 more.
I'm working on finishing the baby quilt for Vincent. I've already started hand quilting it, but have been wondering if I ever want to hand quilt again. I need someone to show me how to do it. The instructions and even pictures in the books just don't do it. Oh well. I'll do it my way on this one in the meanwhile.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home